Supporting Women Through Education
Secondary School Awards Criteria
- Four female graduating students of the following schools in the northern part of the York Region District Board
(Aurora HS, Dr GW Williams SS, King City SS, Dr John M Denison SS, Huron Heights SS, Sir William Mulock SS, Newmarket High School, Keswick HS,Sutton DHS, Stouffville DSS)
- Two female graduating students of the following schools in the northern part of the York Catholic District School Board or Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud
(Cardinal Carter CHS, Saint Maximilian Kolbe CHS, Sacred Heart CHS, Our Lady of the Lake CA, Ecole Secondaire Catholique Renaissance)
- To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Why you deserve this award
- How it will benefit your post-secondary education
- Contributions you have made to your school and community
- A 500 word essay that includes:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Be a graduating female student who has been accepted by a post-secondary institution (university, college or apprenticeship program). Proof of acceptance is required
- Benefit from support to continue their education
- Have overcome challenges in order to graduate from high school
- Have demonstrated a positive attitude and work ethic
- Have contributed to life in their schools and/or communities
- Be receiving no more than one other achievement award upon graduation.
Based on the applications received:
- School Level - If a school has more than one applicant, the staff will select one candidate’s application to forward to the Trust.
- Trust - the Awards Committee will select the award winners from the applications received by the due date
Note: Students taking a gap year after graduation will not be eligible for one of these awards.