Supporting Women Through Education
Mary Pegg Education Award
CFUW Aurora/Newmarket Bursary
in Memory of Barbara Langstaff
- Six $1500 awards to female graduating students from secondary schools in northern York Region
- One $1500 award to an Indigenous student from Sutton District High School
- One $1500 award to a female student who is:
- a former Crown ward of York Region Children’s Aid Society (York CAS)
- currently receiving services from York CAS
- transitioning out of York CAS care in the coming year
- $2500/year for up to 4 years (maximum of $10000) to a female student graduating from Huron Heights SS or Newmarket HS
- This award was established by the family of Mary Pegg, in her memory. She was a long standing member of CFUW Aurora/Newmarket
- $1000 bursary to a mature female student enrolled in a diploma program at the King Campus and is in financial need. Applicants must be in second year, involved in the school environment, have Canadian citizenship and resident of York Region.
- Applications for this bursary are through Seneca College Scholarships and Bursaries
- One award of a varying amount (2020 - $1125) to a mature female student who has: returned to school; is enrolled in a degree program at York University; demonstrates financial need; and is a resident of York Region.
- This award was established at York University in memory of a founding member of CFUW Aurora/Newmarket, Barbara Langstaff.
- Applications for this bursary are through the Division of Advanced Placement, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto
Click on Buttons for Award Criteria