Supporting Women Through Education
York Region Children's Aid Society Award
One award of $1,250 is given annually.
To be eligible for the CAS Award, given by the Charitable Trust of CFUW Aurora/Newmarket Inc, the female student must be:
- A former Crown ward of the York Region Children’s Aid Society (York CAS);
- Currently receiving service from York CAS
- Transitioning out of CAS care in the coming year.
As well, the student must:
- Have proof of acceptance to or enrollment at a university, college or apprenticeship program for the next school year
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Be able to benefit from support to continue her education
- Be able to demonstrate a positive attitude and work ethic
- Live in King Township, Aurora, Newmarket, East Gwillimbury, Whitchurch-Stouffville or Georgina now or in the past
Interested students are asked to write a brief written description of what they hope to achieve in their studies or career and submit it to their workers who will give it to York CAS Management by March 31st.
A group comprised of one (1) representative each from the CAS, the Charitable Trust, and the CFUW Advocacy Committee will make recommendations to the Trust who will make the final selection based on discussions with the CAS and the applicants’ written submissions. The successful applicant will be notified by April 30th each year.