Supporting Women Through Education
This award is given by the Charitable Trust of CFUW Aurora/Newmarket Inc, to a female student who is:
- A former Crown ward of the York Region Children’s Aid Society (York CAS);
- Currently receiving service from York CAS
- Transitioning out of CAS care in the coming year.
As well, the student must:
- Have proof of acceptance to or enrollment at a university, college or apprenticeship program for the next school year
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Be able to benefit from support to continue her education
- Be able to demonstrate a positive attitude and work ethic
- Live in King Township, Aurora, Newmarket, East Gwillimbury, Whitchurch-Stouffville or Georgina now or in the past
1. Write a brief description of what you hope to achieve in your studies or career 2. Submit it to your worker who will give it to York CAS Management.
- A group comprised of one (1) representative each from the CAS, the Charitable Trust, and the CFUW Advocacy Committee will make recommendations to the Trust
- The Trust will make the final selection based on the applicants’ written submissions and discussions with the CAS.